Spring is the perfect time to tackle household chores ranging from AC maintenance and gutter cleaning to organizing and pressure washing. And, of course, there’s spring cleaning!
The 4 Seasons of Home Ownership is a curated collection of how-to videos, articles and tips to keep your home running smoothly throughout the year. Each season’s list includes 10 “must do” items, as well as some additional projects to take on as time and budget allow or if you want to do a little something extra.
Read the 4 Seasons of Home Ownership: Spring episode article to see how we helped a family tackle some springtime chores. Check out Sprucing Up Your Home’s Exterior for Spring for more info.
Or, read on for our top 10 spring chores list — and be sure to click each link for more information!
Top 10 Must Do
1. Have a professional service your A/C and heating systems
2. ‘Spring clean’ all rain gutters and downspouts; make repairs, if necessary
4. Check for loose or damaged roof shingles or flashing. Repair, if needed.
5. Sharpen spring gardening tools and inspect your wheelbarrow.
6. Clean lint from the clothes dryer’s exhaust pipe.
7. Reverse ceiling fans to counterclockwise direction to blow air down.
8. Lubricate all exterior hinges, gates, garage door tracks and locks.
9. Clear away all leaves and debris from the AC condenser unit.
10. Prepare all flowerbeds and plants.
More Spring Chores (If Time and Budget Allow)
- Pressure wash decks, fences, siding and driveways
- Add more insulation to the attic
- Organize at least one closet in your home
- Dust lampshades and ceiling fan blades
- Aerate and fertilize the lawn
- Reseed all bare spots on lawn
A Little Something Extra
- Flip or rotate mattresses
- Paint the mailbox and inspect the mailbox post
- Reorganize all DVDs, CDs and video games
- Take all indoor plants outside and clean
- Test the sump pump by pouring a bucket of water to activate
Tackle these chores and your home will be in ship-shape this spring!