ACWORTH, Ga. — Global rug and textiles furnishings company Jaipur Living ushers in the New Year with its first product launch of 2021.
More than 100 rugs make their debut across 12 new and six existing collections, including almost 75 family-friendly powerloomed and easy-care performance options. The new lineup will be available on Jaipur Living’s website in January.
“We have some really fresh and new power-loomed rugs that aren’t like anything else you would see out in the market,” said Jaipur Living Director of Product Development Steven Sorrow. “In terms of colors and designs, we have looks that are often overlooked by other U.S. rug companies.”
The launch identifies four trends that Jaipur Living is targeting at the beginning of the new year: Iconic, designs inspired by architecture and other man-made formations; Simply Put, modern solids with subtle textures; Old Modernity, “eroded traditionals” with a high-end vintage look; and Turkish Sunfades, purposefully faded designs inspired by Turkish rugs.
Among the highlights of this first product launch of 2021 are the WunderKammer collection from new licensee Matteo Cibic; two new collections from designer Kavi; 25 additions to the Polaris collection; and the Jinsen collection, with vintage-inspired patterns and both strong and muted colors.
New hand-knotted rugs include:
- Aakar by Kavi Brumoso, a Persian hand-knotted rug of viscose and wool that offers a modern twist on the traditional screen pattern.
- Aakar Naturals by Kavi Mismo 2, featuring a blue and multicolor palette hand-knotted in wool and rayon made from bamboo.
- Tattvan by Kavi Sahaj, displaying a lattice design and constructed in wool and rayon made from bamboo.
- Jinsen Ziba, with its pink and yellow medallion design.
- Lacuna Drass, offering a bold indigo base balanced by a delicated Persian-inspired pattern.
- The Manifest collection, blending Afghani wool to create color and movement in the yarn.
New hand-tufted rugs include the WunderKammer collection’s Royal Patio rug, inspired by the balconies and arches of Jaipur, India.
New performance rugs include 25 new rugs in the Polaris collection, with updated patterns and colors.
New power-loomed rugs include:
- En Blanc’s Airi rug, with abstract pattern in a high-low pile in soft whites, creams and grays.
- Five additions to the Dash collection, with hand-painted florals that align with the Grandmillennial trend.
- In the Terra collection, the Demeter rug, with space-dyed polyester combined with shrink polyester for a Wabi Sabi effect.
- The new Tunderra collection marries multi-texture shrink and luxe polyester.
Also adding the Harlowe pouf to the Tandem collection, featuring an elegant jacquard medallion pattern in 100% PET fiber performance materials.