HIGH POINT — Twenty furniture manufacturers and importers are signed on as sponsors for the April 25-27 spring Premarket.
They’ll be joined by 68 non-sponsoring exhibitors who’ve so far notified Furniture Today they’ll open their doors as well.
Originally scheduled for March, this season’s edition was delayed in reaction to the postponement of spring High Point Market, typically held in April, until June 5-9.
Premarket is designed to provide furniture retailers with a preview of upcoming High Point Market introductions. These extended appointments allow attending retailers to experience a more in-depth showroom visit and free up their schedule when they return to High Point during market to be able to visit other vendors.
The sponsoring exhibitors for April’s Premarket include the following companies:
- Aspenhome, IHFC C-1158
- Austin Group Furniture, 208 E. Green Dr.
- Avalon Furniture, 430 S. Main St., suite 100
- Bernhardt Furniture, IHFC D-601
- Digió Leather, IHFC D-820, G-877
- Hillsdale Furniture, Centers of High Point-Hamilton 145
- Hooker Furniture, IHFC C-1058
- Incanto Italia, 220 Elm 220
- Leather Italia USA, 247 S. Main St.
- Legacy Classic Furniture, 2622 Uwharrie Rd.
- Magnussen Home Furnishings, IHFC M-810
- New Classic Furniture, 135 S. Hamilton St.
- Palliser Furniture, 220 Elm 400
- Pulaski Furniture, 220 Elm 200
- Riverside Furniture, 401 S. Main St.
- Samuel Lawrence Furniture, 220 Elm 200
- Sunpan Furniture, Showplace 1200
- Universal Furniture, 101 S. Hamilton St.
- Vanguard Furniture, 301 N. Hamilton St.
- Vaughan-Bassett Furniture, IHFC C-1000
Each sponsoring exhibitor commits to providing a near-market-ready amount of product. They also pool resources to bring selected retailers for a preview of goods and the opportunity for final tweaking of product details.
The event is organized by a committee of sponsoring showrooms, which contracts with the High Point Market Authority to provide strategic direction, staffing and logistical support.
Non-sponsoring showrooms also will be open for Premarket. As of this update, those include:
- Ambella Home, 310 N. Hamilton St., suite 110
- A.R.T. Furniture, 122-A N. Hamilton St.
- Ashley Furniture Inds., IHFC H-900
- Bassett Mirror will be open for premarket, IHFC G-170
- Behold Home, Centers of High Point-Manning 401
- Brazil Furniture Group, 243 S. Main St., 2nd floor
- Carolina Custom Leather, 218 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
- Cassady Closeouts, The Atrium, Lower Level Mezzanine
- Chateau d’Ax, IHFC D-1224
- Chelsea House, 200 N. Hamilton St., South Court 104
- Coast to Coast Accents, IHFC C-1103
- Craftmaster Furniture, 2622 Uwharrie Rd.
- Cramco Casual Dining, 243 S. Main St.
- Crown Mark, 204 E. Green St.
- Crush, 449 S. Wrenn St.
- Davis International, 449 S. Wrenn St.
- Designmaster Furniture, 201 S. Main St.
- Emerald Home Furnishings, 449 S. Wrenn St.
- Enso Sleep Systems, 101 N. Hamilton St.
- FD Home, Centers of High Point-Centennial 113
- Flexsteel, IHFC C-558
- Folio 21, 449 S. Wrenn St.
- Franklin Corp., Plaza Suites 200
- Hekman Furniture, IHFC C-754, -735
- Holland House Furniture, 449 S. Wrenn St.
- Home Insights, IHFC M-101
- HomeStretch, Market on Green 402
- Howard Miller, IHFC C-754, -735
- IMG Comfort, IHFC C-603
- Intercon, 449 S. Wrenn St.
- JDouglas, IHFC D-319
- Klaussner Home Furnishings, 101 N. Hamilton St.
- LC Direct, 126 S. Centennial St.
- LEA Unlimited, Showrooms @ Centennial & Green, 4th floor
- Liberty Furniture, Centers of High Point-Manning 101, 201
- Malouf, Market on Green 202
- Martin Furniture, Furniture Plaza 512
- Master Motion Studio 54, 443 S. Main St.
- Maxwood Furniture, Centers of High Point-Hamilton 222, 226
- Mega Motion, Plaza Suites 100
- MotoMotion/MotoSleep, National Furniture Mart 900
- MW Home/Cheers, Furniture Plaza 400
- Najarian, 113 W. Green Dr.
- Napa Furniture Design, Furniture Plaza 310
- New Growth Designs, 422 N. Hamilton St.
- Nice Link Home Furnishing, Market Square Tower, 10th floor
- Peak Living, 108 E. Commerce St.
- Port 68, IHFC IH-105
- Powell Co./Linon Home Décor, National Furniture Mart 100
- Prime Resources International, 220 Elm 200
- Progressive Furniture, 220 Elm 218
- Revelation, IHFC C-447
- Sarreid Ltd., C&D 3-D
- Southern Motion, Plaza Suites 400
- Standard Furniture, Centers of High Point-Hamilton 206
- StepOne, 449 S. Wrenn St.
- Stickley, 225 N. Elm St.
- Sunny Designs, Market on Green 601
- Taylor King, 200 Steele 304
- Trend Resources, Centers of High Point-Centennial 101
- Trendwood Inc., Furniture Plaza 400
- Uttermost, IHFC C-448
- Violino, 123 S. Hamilton St.
- Vogue Home Furnishings, Centers of High Point-Russell 113
- Westwood Designs, 449 S. Wrenn St.
- Wildwood, 200 N. Hamilton St., North Court 125
- Winners Only, IHFC M210
- Zuo, IHFC D-502
If your company will be open for Premarket, contact Powell Slaughter at [email protected]. Please include the showroom space location.
I’m Powell Slaughter, senior editor at Furniture/Today. I returned to the publication in January 2015 after nine years of writing about furniture retail strategies and best practices at a monthly magazine focusing on home furnishings retail operations. Prior to that, I spent 10 years with F/T covering wood furniture, the last five of those as case goods editor. Upon my return to F/T, I developed coverage of the logistical and service aspects of the furniture industry as well as following the occasional, home office and home entertainment categories. In April 2018 I took over the upholstery category, with responsibility for coverage of the fabric and leather stationary and motion upholstery, recliners and massage chair categories.